Opps, It seems I added the values to the wrong place first. I added them to
the hadoop-0.17.1/conf/hadoop-site.xml

Here they didn't work.

I then added the parameters to the nutch job file (nutch-site.xml) which I
am running and hadoop cought them up at last.

Now things are getting much faster.

thanks

Alexander

--