On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Theocharis Ian Athanasakis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What's the proposed the design pattern for a reducer that needs two
> sets of inputs?
> Are there any source code examples?
>
> Thanks :)

If I understand your question, I think one answer is to move the
problem out of the reducer.

Turn the two sets of inputs into a single map.  In the values, use
enough information to distinguish between InputA and InputB.

We just ended up writing yaml strings as the values for both kinds of
inputs.  The reducer just loaded the yaml for each value, so it had
two different objects and could do whatever it needed with them.

James Moore | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ruby and Ruby on Rails consulting
blog.restphone.com