hey all,
i have a job consisting of three MR jobs back to back to back. the each job takes an appreciable percent of a day to complete (30% to 70%). even though i execute these jobs in a blocking fashion:
JobClient.runJob(conf);
JobClient.runJob(conf2);

the successful execution of one job does not guarantee that the next job in the pipeline starts. (i.e. i can log on to my taskTracker and see that conf's job finished successfully, but conf2's job never started). does anybody else have this problem? can anyone offer advice?

the only thing i can think of is that some other people with access to my cluster are accidentally killing jobs, but i doubt that's the case.