On Sep 7, 2008, at 12:26 PM, Erik Holstad wrote:

Hi!
I'm trying to run a MR job, but it keeps on failing and I can't understand
why.
Sometimes it shows output at 66% and sometimes 98% or so.
I had a couple of exception before that I didn't catch that made the job to
fail.

The log file from the task can be found at:
http://pastebin.com/m4414d369

From the logs it looks like the TaskTracker killed your reduce task because it didn't report any progress for 10 mins, which is the default timeout.

FWIW it's probably because _one_ of the calls to your 'reduce' function got stuck trying to communicate with one of the external resources you are using...

Arun