Thanks Ryan for your inputs.

Regards,
Sourav

From: Ryan LeCompte [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 11:55 AM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Why can't Hadoop be used for online applications ?

Hadoop is best suited for distributed processing across many machines
of large data sets. Most people use Hadoop to plow through large data
sets in an offline fashion. One approach that you can use is to use
Hadoop to process your data, then put it in an optimized form in HBase
(i.e., similar to Google's Bigtable). Then, you can use HBase for
querying the data in an online-access fashion. Refer to
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/ for more information about HBase.

Ryan