Gerardo Velez wrote:
Hi everybody!

I'm a newbie on hadoop and after follow up some hadoop examples and studied
them. I will start my own application but I got a question.

Is there anyway I could debug my own hadoop application?

Actually I've been working on IntelliJ IDE, but I'm feeling comfortable with
netbeans and eclipse as well.

Note: So far I've attached jboss server on IntelliJ using this:

-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_shmem,server=y,suspend=n,address=javadebug

I just attached last config line to jboss execution file (run.sh).

I was wondering if I could do ahything similar to this for hadoop!

It gets tricky once hadoop starts spawning new processes; what you are debugging may not be where your code is

Some notes on IDEA build/testing

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopUnderIDEA

-steve