I've collected the syslogs from the failed reduce jobs.  What's the best way
to get them to you? Let me know if you need anything else, I'll have to shut
down these instances some time later today.

Overall I've run this same job before with no problems. The only change is
the added gzip of the output. Don't know if it's worth anything, but the
four failures all happened on different machines. I'll be running this job
plenty of times so if the problem keeps happening it will be obvious.
/ Per