Hi,

Hadoop is a platform for distributed computing. Typically it runs on a
cluster of dedicated servers (though expensive HW is not required), as far
as I know it is not mean to be a platform for applications running on
client.
Hadoop is very general and not limitted by nature of the data, this means
that you should be able to process also image data.

Regards,
Lukas