Hi,

I've been looking over the db schema that hive uses to store it's metadata (package.jdo) and I had some questions:

1. What do the field names in the TYPES table mean? TYPE1, TYPE2, and TYPE_FIELDS are all unclear to me.
  2. In the TBLS (tables) table, what is sd?
  3. What does the SERDES table store?
4. What does the SORT_ORDER table store? It appears to describe the ordering within a storage descriptor, which in turn appears to be related to a partition. Do you envision having a table where different partitions have different orders? 5. SDS (storage descriptor) table has a list of columns. Does this imply that columnar storage is supported? 6. What is the relationship between a storage descriptor and a partition? 1-1, 1-n?

Thanks.

Alan.