Hadoop already integrated jmx inside, you can extend them to implement what you want to monitor, it need to modify some code to add some counters or something like that. One thing you may need to be care is hadoop does not include any JMXConnectorServer inside, you need to start one JMXConnectorServer for every hadoop process you want to monitor. This is what we have done on hadoop to monitor it. We have not check out Nagios for hadoop,so no word on Nagios.
hope it help.
在 2008-10-8,上午8:34,Brian Bockelman 写道:

Hey Stefan,

Is there any documentation for making JMX working in Hadoop?

Brian