Hello,

I've been trying to get Hadoop up and running on a Windows Desktop running
Windows XP.  I've installed Cygwin and Hadoop.  I run the start-all.sh script,
it starts the namenode, but does not seem to start the datanode.  I found that
if I run hadoop datanode then, the datanode starts.  When I run the bin/hadoop
jar hadoop-*-examples.jar grep input output 'dfs[a-z.]+' it seems to start
doing something, I get status showing that 0% has completed, but the job
tracker does show a job scheduled and waiting.  Any ideas as to where I should
start looking to determine what might be wrong?  Thanks.

John B.