I'm not sure I get this.
1. If you format the filesystem (which I thought is usually executed on the
master node, but anyway)
don't you erase all your data?
2. I guess I need to add the new machine to the conf/slaves file,
but then I run the start-all.sh again from the master node while my cluster
is already running?

Thanks!