On Oct 22, 2008, at 2:52 PM, Yih Sun Khoo wrote:

I like to hear some good ways of passing constants from one job to the next.

Unless I'm missing something: JobConf? A HDFS file? DistributedCache?

Arun

These are some ways that I can think of:
1) The obvious solution is to carry the constant as part of your value from
one job to the next, but that would mean every value would hold that
constant
2) Use the reporter as a hack so that you can set the status message and
then get the status message back when u need the constant

Any other ideas?  (Also please do not include code)