Hi list
I am kind of new to Hadoop but have some good background. I am seriously
considering adopting Hadoop and especially HDFS first to be able to store
various files (in the low hundreds thousands at first) on a few nodes in a
manner where I don't need a RAID system or a SAN. HDFS seems a perfect fit
for the job...

BUT

from what I learn in the past couple days it seems that the single point of
failure in HDFS is the NameNode. So I was wondering if anyone in the list
that did deploy HDFS in a production environment on what is their strategy
for High Availability of the system... Having the NameNode unavailable is
basically bringing the whole HDFS system offline. So what are the scripts or
other techniques recommended to add H.A to HDFS !

Thank !

-- S.