Hi Doug,

Thanks - it is not so much I want to run in a single JVM - I do want a
bunch of machines doing the work, it is just I want them all to have
this in-memory lookup index, that is configured once per job.  Is
there some hook somewhere that I can trigger a read from the
distributed cache, or is a Mapper.configure() the best place for this?
 Can it be called multiple times per Job meaning I need to keep some
static synchronised indicator flag?

Thanks again,

Tim