My app isn't a map/reduce job.

On Nov 25, 2008, at 9:07 PM, David B. Ritch wrote:

Do you have speculative execution enabled?  I've seen error messages
like this caused by speculative execution.

David

Bryan Duxbury wrote:
I have an app that runs for a long time with no problems, but when I
signal it to shut down, I get errors like this:

java.io.IOException: Filesystem closed
    at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient.checkOpen(DFSClient.java:196)
    at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient.rename(DFSClient.java:502)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DistributedFileSystem.rename (DistributedFileSystem.java:176)

The problems occur when I am trying to close open HDFS files. Any
ideas why I might be seeing this? I though it was because I was
abruptly shutting down without giving the streams a chance to get
closed, but after some refactoring, that's not the case.

-Bryan