Hey,

I am student and working on a project using Hadoop. I have successfully
implemented the project on single node and Pseudo Distributed Mode.

I would now be implementing it on a 5 node cluster but I wanted know if
there would be any specific way I should setup the Tasktraker, Jobtracker &&
Namenode, Datanode. Like should I setup the Namenode, JOBtracker to the same
node or should I put it on different nodes. Similerly can I also setup the
Datanode and Tasktracker on the Masternode or only on the slave nodes. Does
any type of specific configuration help to improve the performance as such?

Awaiting a reply soon.

Thanks

Sid

--