Hadoop-2536 connects to the db via JDBC, so in theory it should work with proper jdbc drivers.
It has been tested against MySQL, Hsqldb, and PostreSQL, but not Oracle.

To answer your earlier question, the actual SQL statements might not be recognized by Oracle, so I suggest the best way to test this is to insert print statements, and run the actual SQL statements against Oracle to see if the syntax is accepted.

We would appreciate if you publish your results.

Enis

Amandeep Khurana wrote:
Does the patch HADOOP-2536 support connecting to Oracle databases as well?
Or is it just limited to MySQL?

Amandeep

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student