Registrations to the next Hadoop User Group UK meetup have now opened:
http://huguk.eventwax.com/hadoop-user-group-uk-2

The preliminary schedule:
10.00 – 10.15: Arriving and chatting
10.15 – 11.15: Practical MapReduce (Tom White, Cloudera)
11.15 – 12.15: Introducing Apache Mahout (Isabel Drost, ASF)
12.15 – 13.15: Lunch
13.15 – 14.15: Terrier (Iadh Ounis and Craig Macdonald, University of
Glasgow)
14.15 – 15.15: Having Fun with PageRank and MapReduce (Paolo Castagna, HP)
15.15 – 16.15: Apache HBase (Michael Stack, Powerset)
16.15 – 17.00: General chat, perhaps lightning talks (powered by Sun beer)
17.00 – 00.00: Discussions continues at a nearby pub

The event is hosted by Sun in London, near Monument station, for more
details see the event page or the blog: http://huguk.org/

/Johan