Hello all,

Is anyone using Hadoop as more of a near/almost real-time processing
of log data for their systems to aggregate stats, etc? I know that
Hadoop has generally been good at off-line processing of large amounts
of data, but I've wondered if anyone has tried using it for processing
of near real-time log data as it is appears in your systems with any
success? My gut feeling is that Hadoop isn't suitable for this yet
given redundancy issues around the JobTracker/NameNode, as well as the
overhead of moving blocks around in HDFS. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan