Tim is right. CloudBase is not equivalent to HBase.

HBase is column oriented database based on Google's BigTable. CloudBase is a
database/data warehosue layer on top of Hadoop and by means of its SQL
interface makes it easier to mine logs. So instead of writing Map-Reduce
jobs for analyzing data, one can use SQL to do the same and SQL to Map
Reduce job translation is handled by CloudBase.

-Taran