Mayuran,

It takes very long for a lot of iterations if we have to go through each debugging step, one at a time. May be a jira is a good place.

- Run fsck with blocks option.

- Check if those ids match with ids in file names found by 'find'.

- Check which directory are these files in.. and verify if that matches with datanode configured directory

You are saying there is nothing wrong in the log files, but does it imply that datanode sees those 157 missing blocks? May be you should post the log or verify that yourself. If DN is working correctly according to you, then you should not have 100% of blocks missing.

There are many possibilities, it not easy for me list the the right one in your case without much info or list all possible conditions.

Raghu.

Mayuran Yogarajah wrote:
Mayuran Yogarajah wrote:
Raghu Angadi wrote:
The block files usually don't disappear easily. Check on the datanode if
you find any files starting with "blk". Also check datanode log to see
what happened there... may be use started on a different directory or
something like that.

Raghu.

There are indeed blk files:
find -name 'blk*' | wc -l
158

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in the datanode log.

At this point is there anything I can do to recover the files? Or do I
need to reformat
the data node and load the data in again ?

thanks
Sorry to resend this but I didn't receive a response and wanted to know how to proceed.
Is it possible to recover the data at this stage? Or is it gone ?

thanks