On Mar 30, 2009, at 9:25 PM, some speed wrote:

So, Is there a way , I could delete a file on HDFS programatically?
or can i skip setting a output file path n just have my output print to
console?
or can I just append to an existing file?

I wouldn't suggest using append yet. If you really just want side- effects from a job, you can use the NullOutputFormat that just ignores the output and throws it away.

If you want it to come back out to the launching program, you could just print it to stderr in the task and set JobClient.setTaskOutputFilter to SUCCEEDED and the output will be printed. (Don't try this at home on a real cluster, or your client will be swamped!)

-- Owen