On Apr 2, 2009, at 2:41 AM, andy2005cst wrote:

I need to use the output of the reduce, but I don't know how to do.
use the wordcount program as an example if i want to collect the wordcount
into a hashtable for further use, how can i do?

You can use an output format and then an input format that uses a database, but in practice, the cost of writing to hdfs and reading it back is not a problem, especially if you set the replication of the output files to 1. (You'll need to re-run the job if you lose a node, but it will be fast.)

-- Owen