Hi

I am using Hadoop 0.19.1. I want to configure a cluster of 7 nodes and 2 of
them act as secondary name node. I put the hostname of 2 secondary name node
in conf/masters file and start the cluster using the start-all.sh script.
The cluster (HDFS and MapReduce) is working properly. However, both
secondary name node cannot create check point of namenode files and the log
file show the follow error.

2009-04-05 01:43:01,264 ERROR namenode.SecondaryNameNode - Exception
in doCheckpoint:
2009-04-05 01:43:01,264 ERROR namenode.SecondaryNameNode -
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)

 at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)

 at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)

 at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)

 at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)

 at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.TransferFsImage.getFileClient(TransferFsImage.java:151)

 at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.downloadCheckpointFiles(SecondaryNameNode.java:256)

 at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.doCheckpoint(SecondaryNameNode.java:313)

 at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.run(SecondaryNameNode.java:225)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
The nodes are inside a LAN and there is no firewall between the nodes. I
tried adding the dfs.http.address parameter to hadoop-site.xml but it does
not help.

Thank you.

Regards
Edwin