From: Puri, Aseem [mailto:aseem.p...@honeywell.com]
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 11:18 AM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: RE: More Replication on dfs

Hi Alex,

        Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Till now I have three
machines and I have to check the behavior of Hadoop so I want
replication factor should be 2. I started my Hadoop server with
replication factor 3. After that I upload 3 files to implement word
count program. But as my all files are stored on one machine and
replicated to other datanodes also, so my map reduce program takes input
from one Datanode only. I want my files to be on different data node so
to check functionality of map reduce properly.

        Also before starting my Hadoop server again with replication
factor 2 I formatted all Datanodes and deleted all old data manually.

Please suggest what I should do now.

Regards,
Aseem Puri