On Apr 10, 2009, at 11:12 AM, Sagar Naik wrote:

Hi,
I would like to implement a Multi-threaded reducer.
As per my understanding , the system does not have one coz we expect the output to be sorted.

However, in my case I dont need the output sorted.

You'd probably want to make a blocking concurrent queue of the key value pairs that are given to the reducer. Then have a pool of reducers that pull from the queue. It can be modeled on the multi- threaded map runner. Do be aware, that you'll need to clone the keys and values that are given to the reduce.

-- Owen