Hi all,
I want to ask you about the performance difference between using the Text class
and using a custom Class which implements  Writable interface.

Lets say in InvertedIndex problem when I emit token and a list of document Ids
which contains it  , using Text we usually Concat the list of document ids with
space as a separator  "d1 d2 d3 d4" etc..If I need the same values in a later
step of map reduce, I need to split the value string to get the list of all
document Ids. Is it not better to use Writable List instead??

I need to ask it because I am using too many Concats and Splits in my project
to use documents total tokens count, token frequency in a particular document
etc..

Thanks in advance,
Chintan

Windows Live Messenger. Multitasking at its finest.
http://www.microsoft.com/india/windows/windowslive/messenger.aspx