right, I set it in hadoop-site.xml before starting the whole hadoop
processes, I have one job running fully utilizing the 10 map tasks, but
subsequent queries are only using 2 of them, don't know why.
I have enough RAM also, no paging out is happening, I'm running on 0.18.3.
Right now I put all processes on one machine, namenode, datanode,
jobtracker, tasktracker, I have a 2*4core CPU, and 20GB RAM.