Hi, all
 In May 9, we held the second Hadoop In China salon.  About 150 people
attended, 46% of them are engineers/managers from industry companies, and
38% of them are students/professors from universities and institutes.  This
salon was successfully held with great technical support from Yahoo! Beijing
R&D, Zheng Shao from Facebook Inc., Wang Shouyan from Baidu Inc. and many
other high technology companies in China. We got over one hundred feedbacks
from attendees, and most of them are interested in details and wants more
discussions. And 1/3 of them want we to include more topics or more sessions
for hadoop subprojects. And most students/professors want to be more
familiar with hadoop and try to find new research topic on top of hadoop.
Most students want to involve themselves and contribute to hadoop, but do
not know how or find it is a little difficulty because of language/zone
problems.
   Thank you all the attendees again. Without you, it would never success.

  We already put the slides on site: www.hadooper.cn, and the videos are
coming soon.

  BTW, I insist on letting this event to be nonprofit. In the past two
meetings, we did not charge anyone for anything.