Pankil,

I used to be very confused by hadoop and SSH keys. SSH is NOT
required. Each component can be started by hand. This gem of knowledge
is hidden away in the hundreds of DIGG style articles entitled 'HOW TO
RUN A HADOOP MULTI-MASTER CLUSTER!!!!!'

The SSH keys are only required by the shell scripts that are contained
with Hadoop like start-all. They are wrappers to kick off other
scripts on a list of nodes. I PERSONALLY dislike using SSH keys as a
software component and believe they should only be used by
administrators.

We chose the cloudera distribution.
http://www.cloudera.com/distribution. A big factor behind this was the
simple init.d scripts they provided. Each hadoop component has its own
start scripts hadoop-namenode, hadoop-datanode, etc.

My suggestion is taking a look at the Cloudera startup scripts. Even
if you decide not to use the distribution you can take a look at their
start up scripts and fit them to your needs.