Ok, help. I am trying to create local task outputs in my reduce job, and they get created, then go poof when the job's done.

My first take was to use FileOutputFormat.getWorkOutputPath, and create directories in there for my outputs (which are Lucene indexes). Exasperated, I then wrote a small OutputFormat/RecordWriter pair to write the indexes. In each case, I can see directories being created in attempt_foo/_temporary, but when the task is over they're gone.

I've stared at TextOutputFormat and I can't figure out why it's files survive and mine don't. Help! Again, this is 0.18.3.

Thanks,
Ian