OSGi provides navigability to your components and create a life cycle for
each of those components viz; install. start, stop, un- deploy etc.
This is the reason why we are thinking of creating components using OSGi.
The problem we are facing is our components using mapreduce and HDFS, as
such OSGi container cannot detect hadoop mapred engine or HDFS.

I  have searched through the net and looks like people are working or have
achieved success in running hadoop in OSGi container....

Ninad