Why dont we convert input split information into the same string format that
is displayed in the webUI? Something like this -
"hdfs://nyc-qws-029/in-dir/words86ac4a.txt:0+184185". Its a simple format
and we can always parse such a string in C++.

Is there some reason for the current binary format? If there is good reason
for it, I am game to write such a deserialiser class. Is there some
reference for this binary format that I can use to write the deserialiser?

Roshan