On Jan 03, 2016, at 03:40 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

>For the last hosting transition, PEP 374 covered the process of
>choosing a distributed VCS, while PEP 385 covered the actual
>Subversion -> Mercurial transition, and I think that's a good way to
>go.

Yes, for the transition tasks, a PEP makes sense.  This is essentially a
one-off document, at least for the next 5 or 6 years <wink>.

But I don't think a PEP is the right place to describe the things that the
average developer (core or otherwise) needs to know on a daily basis.  That
goes in the devguide.

Cheers,
-Barry