On 02/06/2016 01:57 AM, Brett Cannon wrote:
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0512/#define-commands-to-move-a-mercurial-repository-to-git

There appear to be multiple ways to convert hg repos to git, but no
clear winner. It would be great if some one/people took on the task of
evaluating the tools available out there by converting the cpython repo
and seeing which one has the best results.

We, at Facebook, have been happily using hg-git in production for bidirectional conversion of repositories of insane sizes.

I would look in that direction for your conversion.

--
Pierre-Yves David