+1 for consistent muted colors

I also think it may be helpful for labels that are manually managed stand
out in some way - perhaps a prefix or different shades of a specific color.
That way, a core dev could easily visually filter for any labels they may
need to change or care more about for a PR.

On Jul 23, 2018 at 7:22 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue., 24 Jul. 2018, 5:17 am Carol Willing, <willi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A couple of years ago, I completely agreed that the labels were
> distracting when we were using them on Jupyter. Over time, I found that
> they were very helpful for triaging issues and viewing status/next actions
> when you have a large number of PRs.
>
> One thing that I found helped quite a bit with the Christmas tree effect
> was to standardize the color scheme to either all black lettering on muted
> color or all white lettering on bright color.

I think this is going to be the key: choosing a deliberately muted display
appearance for any informational labels that are intended primarily as
search aids rather than as things to pick up on a quick visual scan of the
full PR list.

Cheers,
Nick.