Hi all!

One of my users reported audio artifacts when playing from my audio software to
a Traktor Audio 2 USB device. I went out and bought one of these devices for
testing.  Sure enough, it has issues.

Using the File Player inside of HALLab and, I can get the device into a state where it's very
crackly (it takes multiple Stop HW -> Start HW -> Start IO cycles, but it eventually
happens). Even in a "good" state, it still has an occasional artifact.

This occurs regardless of buffer size, and no overloads are reported in the log. The issue isn't limited to
HALLab: once in the bad state, I can "Stop IO" and switch to another app and also experience sound
artifacts there. I have to "Stop HW" and "Start HW" to attempt to fix the issue (changing
the nominal sampling rate sometimes fixes it).

What's the next steps that I should take to debug this? Has anybody encountered
issues with this device and figured out a workaround? Alternatively, is there
any kind of additional logging that I can turn on which will report issues at
the coreaudiod or kernel levels?

Thanks!

Ricci Adams