On Jan 21, 2008 12:42 PM, Marc Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I looked at the smbus spec (it is public) and didn't see anything about
> 10bit address.
> http://smbus.org/specs/
>
> "SMBus addresses are 7 binary
> bits long and are conventionally expressed as 4 bits followed by 3 bits
> followed by the letter 'b', for
> example, 0001 110b. These addresses occupy the high seven bits of an
> eight-bit field on the bus. The low
> bit of this field, however, has other semantic meaning that is not part
> of an SMBus address"

http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/using_the_i2c_bus.htm

"All I2C addresses are either 7 bits or 10 bits. The use of 10 bit
addresses is rare and is not covered here. "

Maybe we should not worry about it, but there was at one point the
possibility of 10 bit addresses. I'm fine either way.

thanks

ron