On 4/7/10 1:05 AM, secretoc...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got an HP nx6310 notebook with Linux as operating system and I'm
> thinking of trying coreboot to get rid of the non-free HP BIOS.
> Though I'm quite confident that the chipset is supported, it'll be nice if
> someone would confirm that and perhaps give further instructions on how to
> use coreboot with my mainboard.
>
> Notebook: HP nx6310 EY366EA#ABD
> no extensions at all, except a PCMCIA WLAN card with Atheros chipset
> BIOS version: F.0E
> CPU: Intel Celeron M 1,46GHz
> RAM: 1GB (512MB by default)
> Graphics card: on board, Intel GMA 945
> Sound card: on board, Intel HDA ... (don't know the exact model)
>
> Outputs of lspci -tvnn, superiotool -dV and flashrom -V: see text files
>
> Hopefully someone can help. I'd love to help making coreboot better but
> without shooting my mainboard.
Hi,

coreboot might work on this machine with reasonable effort. You will
however need to get some SPI flashing hardware, and you should be
familiar with a soldering iron in order to solder a SPI socket / header
to your board or some wires to your SPI flash.

An issue might be that there does not seem to be a serial console. You
might need a net20dc USB debug device.

Stefan