At 2013-02-07 09:43, Peter Stuge wrote:
"Kristóf, Csillag" wrote:
1. Absolutely necessary:
1.1. It must be able to run 100% free software. No closed BIOS. No binary
firmware loaded to any part of the system with meaningful access to my
data. (CPU, GPU, network card, etc.)
..
1.2. It must have hardware support for AES. (For hw crypto acceleration.)

1.4. It must have hardware support for virtualization.
..
2.3. Modern tech and High CPU performance. Of course :) Whatever is
available...
1.2, 1.4, and 2.3 are all the same requirement. Unfortunately, that
requirement is in absolute conflict with 1.1.
I really hope that that's not 100% true.
2.3 was not a strict requirement, but a "would be nice".

The virtualization and crypto stuff have been integrated to CPUs for years.

Or I could add some external solution for hw crypto acceleration, maybe some PCI-e card (if something like that exists, and is supported by the kernel), so it does not necessarily has to be inside the CPU.

You lose.

Really? No way out?
In that case, are you suggesting that I need to give up 1.1, or the other three?
What system would you suggest, if I decided to keep 1.1?

Thank you for your help:

   Kristof