On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 20:48:48 +0000
"Racine, Michel" <michel.rac...@hp.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the quick reply.
>
> I have upgraded flashrom. I did a verify, and flashrom indicated a
> difference. I tried to re-flash coreboot, but I think I'm missing something:
>
> root@debian:~/flashrom/flashrom-0.9.6.1# ./flashrom -p internal -w
> ~/coreboot.rom
> flashrom v0.9.6.1-r1564 on Linux 2.6.32-5-686 (i686)
> flashrom is free software, get the source code at http://www.flashrom.org
>
> Calibrating delay loop... OK.
> coreboot table found at 0xc717d000.
> Found chipset "AMD SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0". Enabling flash write... The SB700 IMC
> is active and may interfere with SPI commands. Disabling write.
> OK.
> Found SST flash chip "SST25VF032B" (4096 kB, SPI) at physical address
> 0xffc00000.
> Write/erase is not working yet on your programmer in its current
> configuration.
> Aborting
>

> Thoughts?

I have added the coreboot mailing list because I ham not familiar with
the board or chipset and I am quite certain someone there knows how to
handle this correctly.

The new version of flashrom detects that the embedded controller on the
board (IMC) accesses the SPI bus concurrently with flashrom. We disable
writes for safety reasons in that case (your old version did not...).

Apparently there is no way to force writing other than changing the
source code (sb600.c). I don't think that is wisely though...
Apart from repeating the warning to *NOT* reboot/reset/shutdown the
machine (unless you have a known-working external flash programmer), I
can not help you further ATM.