On 11/04/2013 11:02 AM, ron minnich wrote:
I don't like the situation any more than you do, but the fact is, a
blob free future is very unlikely unless people are willing to pay
more money for it. And, so far, very few organizations (save BSI!)
have been willing to put their money where their mouth is. Especially,
sadly, the free software community: given a choice between better
performance/lower cost and more freedom, they pick performance and
cost every single time -- well, save for the few of us who care.

ron

Is there a chromebook/(laptop shipping with CB) with a backlit keyboard, a decent size screen, and sturdy aluminium case? I see chromebooks targeting either the cheapo market, or the fancy gadget market, but not the mainstream or rugged markets. Is this because of a lack in demand, or a lack in supply? I am among those that can reconcile with a higher cost, but not a lower performance, and I am looking for a new laptop, BTW.

Alex