On 06/20/2014 01:25 AM, Peter Stuge wrote:
Rafael Vanoni wrote:
Please explain why you want to modify these values at run time?

Like I said in a previous post, I'd like to set fields like version,
serial number on a per system basis.

That's not the why, that's the what. Indeed you already wrote what
you want.

I'm asking *why* you want it, because what you ask for doesn't make
sense, so either I don't understand your situation (not at all unlikely)
or there might be a better approach to get what you want (also possible).

This is partially an experiment, fwiw.

Again, why modify the values at run time?

Why isn't setting these values at build time enough?

Kind regards

//Peter

Take serial number, for example. I'd like each different system that I build to have its own serial number, and building coreboot for every serial number doesn't scale.

Thanks,
Rafael