Do you plan to upstream all Chromebook coreboot and libpayload branches from Chromium git, or just the individual patches Sage finds useful and necessary for the boards You currently work on?
The goal of this effort is to minimize the differences between the Chromium chromeos-2013.04 branch and the coreboot master branch. As part of this any outstanding patches or differences between the branches will be addressed.

Do we expect the original authors to review the rebased, possibly
modified work, or is the plan these patches just get rubberstamped as +2
by a 3rd party once they build cleanly?

Original authors are automatically added as reviewers if they have coreboot.org
gerrit accounts. I try to get approval from the original authors, but they are
not always available for comment. If they are not available and the patch is
non-trivial, we look for someone else familiar with the area or the original
author of the section for review.  We would like to avoid too many rubber stamp
reviews.

Did you develop some nice method to keep track of which branches from
Chromium we can consider as completely upstreamed?
This hasn't been a problem yet since we are only focusing on the chromeos-2013.04 branch at this time. If you know of a good solution for this I would appreciate any information.

Do you have the facilities to do regular board-status script runs for
recent Chromebooks?
Not at this time but we're coordinating with Google on this.

Isaac