I don't think that trying to support every 10+ year old board is worth it, but at least a few from each genre (desktop, server/workstation and embedded) should be required to be ported for a style change to occur rather than everything simply abandoned as there wasn't anyone willing to update it.

AFAIK as of now every non-development AMD board will be dropped in a few release cycles, I am not a firmware developer but I can't understand as to how a code style change makes that worth it especially considering many of those are the last and latest owner controlled x86 devices.

In terms of vendor support (for the very few that do that); the majority of coreboot boards are in the expensive server or the embedded category so I don't think that it is unreasonable to expect the hypothetical vendor that releases code and advertises coreboot support to directly support for both initial release equivalent functionality and security it for 2x the hw warranty (as that is generally a useful life for most hardware)

The "standard" 3 and now even 1 year update lifecycle that comes with hardware is creating a massive internet security issue.