On 12/12/2017 12:11 PM, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:

As I understand, this by itself isn't sufficient yet to boot a post-GM45
Intel with free software, however it gives a lot of insight on how
things work and enables all researchers to understand better the
Management Engine and recent Intel systems to, maybe one day, make free
software booting possible on such platforms.

I hope that one day someone would find and publish a way to do that,
like for instance by finding a bit in the flash descriptor that would
enable "PCH red unlock".

As I understand enabling DCI is already possible trough some flash
descriptor bits.

Thanks a lot for all the research that was done!

Denis.
As I have stated before it simply doesn't matter if some day an ME hack is discovered to be able to have a "libre" intel desktop, because the vendor (intel) is hostile to owner control it will be quickly fixed and thus one should support owner controller hardware such as POWER (where one can even change the microcode) instead of giving them more money to make better anti-features.

At least one shuld buy used hardware and not new hardware if they insist on x86-64.