I have a coreboot-libre D16 and it works fine with xen - no errors and I
haven't even embedded microcode in coreboot (req for my 43xx/63xx) I
instead do an early update from initramfs.

I suggest obtaining a null modem serial cable and a real serial pci-e
card or expresscard device (nothing involving usb) asap and set both
coreboot and linux to output their logs then you can post them here or
send them to me.

Of course since you have more than one d8/d16 I guess you just need the
cable? and can view the output of one on the other yes?