Please don't forget to CC the coreboot mailing list. You could
determine the chip's layout by looking on it: it has a dot near CS
pin. As for cable/clip and programmer, check "Flashing BIOS chip with
Bus Pirate" article at dangerous prototypes forums: it has a good
review of SOIC8 test clips and also compatible with CH341A programmer.
I'm quoting your message below, hope someone would help you with
Intel-related questions