I have an X220 with mSATA only and W530 with mSATA + 2 HDDs. They're both corebooted and both boot from mSATA.

On 26/03/2019 21:45, Matt B wrote:

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 2:44 PM Matt B <matthewwbradl...@gmail.com <mailto:matthewwbradl...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    Good to hear. Does having a regular 2.5 inch drive present affect
    your ability to do this?

    The above wiki notes that an msata drive is used as cache whenever
    such a drive is present under the stock BIOS on the X230. While
    your laptop is not the same model I'm wondering if this behavior
    is a product of the chipset or the BIOS itself (in which case, it
    may not be an issue under coreboot).

    Thanks,
        -Matt

    On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 9:06 AM Evgeny Zinoviev <m...@ch1p.com